Some reports even claim that TikTok has surpassed Facebook and Google as the most popular web domain, making it the clear frontrunner for the title of “most popular social media platform” right now. Based on these statistics, it’s clear that you’re leaving a lot of money on the table by ignoring TikTok marketing for your company.
In this article, we will take a brief look at what TikTok Marketing is and how it can be used to your company’s advantage.
Simply put, what is TikTok Marketing?
To put it simply, “TikTok marketing” is the act of utilising TikTok for advertising purposes. You can use strategies like paid TikTok ads, influencer marketing, or simply making compelling content with the hope that it will go viral.
As a business tool, TikTok’s capabilities include
- Create a virtual neighbourhood
- Raise Product Recognition
- Get your customers to comment on your products.
- Promote and market your offerings to very specific demographics.
As a whole, we can say that the following three types of advertising do well on TikTok:
- The popularity of TikTok stems from the platform’s influencer marketing strategy, which capitalises on the app’s user base and the creators’ ability to quickly distribute their work. Partnering with influential people in your field can be a powerful tool for boosting awareness of your business.
- TikTok can also be used for advertising by having original content made that goes viral. You can make instructional videos, reviews of products, or even comedic challenges. All that matters is discovering what kinds of videos your viewers enjoy and making more of those.
- Commercials that cost money to produce: TikTok, like other social media sites, allows you to buy advertising space. You can choose from a wide variety of advertising formats to best suit your company’s goals and budget.
Formulating a Marketing Plan for TikTok
TikTok may appear chaotic at first because any trend has the potential to go viral, and no single approach to advertising seems to stand out as particularly successful. However, there are measures you can take to make your business shine on the app and reap its benefits.
Hmm, I wonder what they are, maybe we should look into that
Discover the App
It is incorrect to treat TikTok like Instagram or Facebook. Every aspect of this platform—from its features and user habits to the overall experience—is novel. Spending some time with the app is the best way to become familiar with it. Check out the various options and discover where fashions start. You may want to use what you learn about how a song or effect goes viral over the course of a week or two as the basis for your feature. In addition, you should learn as much as you can about the TikTok algorithm and its inner workings in your spare time. You can better shape your company’s strategy on TikTok if you have a firm grasp of the platform’s inner workings and how it curates content for each user.
Find Out Who You’re Trying to Reach
In order to reach your target audience on TikTok and others who may be interested in your business, you must first determine who that audience is.
In the past, teenagers and young adults (those aged 20–29) have made up the vast majority of TikTok users, but in recent years, an increasing number of senior citizens have also joined the platform. That you can reach people of any age or gender with your brand is a direct result of all of these factors.
Examine What Else Is Out There
Testing the waters to see if the competition is on TikTok is a smart move. If they are, you can observe their actions to determine if they are successful, and if they aren’t, you may have found a way to gain an edge over them.
Whether or not your direct rivals are on TikTok, you should still find a few companies or brands that are similar to yours and research their activity on the app. Think about what works and doesn’t when analysing their strategies.
Measure Your Progress
Analytics is the best way to check out whether your marketing strategy is working. They’re the only way to gauge what’s working and what’s not and to see if there’s a need to make any adjustments in order for you to be able to reach your marketing goals.
TikTok marketing is bound to become even more effective as the platform grows in popularity. It’s vital that you start considering using it for your business.